SMART GOALS

 


Hello folks!

Goals are part of every aspect of business/life and it provides a sense of direction, motivation, a clear focus, and clarify importance. By setting goals for yourself, you are providing yourself with a target to aim for. A SMART goal is used to help guide goal setting.

So, in order to really achieve something, you need a concrete goal: A SMART goal

 


What are smart goals?

S – Specific: Getting specific on the goals that you want to achieve will give you more clarity on what success looks like, and help you to identify the concrete steps that will get you there.

For example, a general goal would be “I want to get in shape.” A more specific goal would be “I want to obtain a gym membership at my local community center and work out four days a week to be healthier.”

M – Measurable: If you can’t measure your goal, then how will you know if you have achieved it? How will you track your progress?

For example, building on the specific goal above: I want to obtain a gym membership at my local community center and work out four days a week to be healthier. Every week, I will aim to lose one pound of body fat.

A – Achievable: Goals that may seem completely out of your reach can become achievable if you break them down into smaller steps and give yourself a reasonable time frame in which to achieve them.

R – Relevant: A relevant goal is a goal that is meaningful to you, as well as being relevant to the wider context, to what’s going on in the world around you, personally and professionally.

T – Time-bound: Finally, setting a deadline will help you to focus and will also give you a sense of urgency, which can motivate you to act now rather than putting it off until later.

For example, building on the goal above: On August 1, I will obtain a gym membership at my local community centre. In order to be healthier, I will work out four days a week. Every week, I will aim to lose one pound of body fat. By the end of August, I will have realized my goal if I lose four pounds of fat over the course of the month.

At the end, I would say by simplifying your goal, achieving the goal becomes much easier.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why and what is Blogging? 🤔

Who is a operations manager?

Digital Transformation in Supply chain